Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Beyond the Imperfections" by PsychoCynic (Supern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: "Beyond the Imperfections" by PsychoCynic (Supern Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Beyond the Imperfections" 08-08-2011
A vid that highlights the brothers relationship and most endearing moments throughout the seasons, using only still pictures for June Challenge. No matter how much their lives suck, the Winchester boys always have each other.
Fandom: Supernatural
Song: The Winner Is by Devotchka (from the Little Miss Sunshine OST)
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Length: 2:18 (~48 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://youtu.be/Qbt9qpKq1L4
http://www.4shared.com/video/lbJf0Xit/beyond_the_imperfections__100_.html

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Beyond the Imperfections by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I read that it was going to be still pictures, but this was really well done! Not only was it a perfect choice of music, but your beat use and effect use were really good. I liked the contrast between the happy/loving and scared/dramatic photos. I don't even watch SPN and I got a little misty-eyed at the very end. Wonderful job! I really enjoyed it.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Beyond the Imperfections by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

As Julia (Eloramoon) I too was skeptical going into this vid; because I'm not a fan of just picture vids. This was so well done; the audio was such a nice touch. It was such a clean moving vid; the pictures you chose were great. I thought the coloring/effects/transitions were great. It was really something different; I'd never really seen anything like this before; so original. I also really love this song; both the instrumental and the original.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Beyond the Imperfections by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Wow, that was cool! I bet that was really hard to make, you did a great job.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia, I'm very happy you decided to give the vid a chance despite your skepticism. I'm really happy to hear you liked that contrast in relationship - I really wanted to capture the Winchesters' whole relationship (funny and dramatic) and I glad to hear I managed. Thank you so much for your lovely feedback!

Brooke, I wasn't sure what audio I wanted to choose for this still pic challenge, but I knew it had to be quick-paced to keep interest. I'm glad you agree with me that the song was a wise choice. I'm really happy about the result of the coloring as well! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Heather, it was actually not too bad (less crashing ). Thank you - super thrilled you liked it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Beyond the Imperfections by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Wow, this was SO creative and well done! I'm really impressed at what you managed to do with just still images! Wonderful job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was SO very uniquely done and your technique was flawless, so cool and interesting! Great work!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eryn, thank you so much! I found working with still images really fun! I think it allows a message to shine through much easier because viewers can really focus on the selected images rather than being overwhelmed with too much motion. It was a nice change to my usual vidding. I'm really happy to hear that it worked. Glad you liked it and thanks for the great feedback!

Ais, thanks so so much for the wonderful comment, sweetie! Thrilled that you liked it!

PS -
OMG - did this seriously win 1st place in the Nov. challenge? I have never won a contest (RL or otherwise) in my life! OMGOMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE!! <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: